SDCCS – Mountain View Student Absence Verification
All absences must be verified by a parent/guardian within 3 school days of the last day of the student’s absence. Absences remaining unverified after 3 school days will be recorded as unexcused. Absences not defined as excused in the CA Education Code Law (Ed. Code § 46010, 48205) will be recorded as an unexcused absence. Filling out this form is not an automatic excused absence.
Examples of types of absences from the Attendance Policy
- Student illness with a contagious condition, temperature over 100º, vomiting or diarrhea
- All day medical or dental appointments
- Attendance at a funeral service of an immediate family member
- Religious observance
- Justifiable personal reasons with principal approval
- Family vacations/out of town without prior approval
- Appointments other than medical/dental
- Transportation Issues (traffic, car trouble, missed the bus)
- Parent/sibling/other family member sick
- Absences for which no reason is provide
Please fill in the form below completely or call the SDCCS – Mountain View Office (858-609-9497) to report a student absence. (One student per form).